A Cooperative Connection Between the Holy Spirit and the Spirits of Men and Women.
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
May 23, 2021
Presupposition of the Message:
Revival comes 1) when we submit to His holy will, 2) when we worship Him fully without reservation, and 3) when we allow the Wind of the Spirit to blow and move us.
1. Submitting to God’s Holy Will
Judges 13:24–25 (NKJV): 24 So the woman bore a son and called his name Samson; and the child grew, and the Lord blessed him. 25 And the Spirit of the Lord began to move upon him at Mahaneh Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
- Samson was stirred early in life by the Spirit
- He was not a perfect man, but…
- He was willing to submit to God when God chose to move upon him in a mighty way.
2. Worshipping God Fully
Ezra 1:5–6 (NKJV): 5 Then the heads of the fathers’ houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, with all whose spirits God had moved, arose to go up and build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem. 6 And all those who were around them encouraged them with articles of silver and gold, with goods and livestock, and with precious things, besides all that was willingly offered.
- They went to worship
- They built the worship
- They gave in worship
3. Allowing the Wind of the Spirit to Blow and Move You
2 Peter 1:16–21 (NKJV): 16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. 19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
- Not dependent on man’s intellectual imaginations
- Dependent on the witness of Christ
- The Words of Christ are truth
- The prophetic word is not initiated by man
- Holy men of God allowed the Holy Spirit to move them to write the Word of God.
- The move of the Spirit comes:
- When you submit to His will
- When you worship Him fully
- When you flow with the Wind of the Spirit