NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
November 21, 2021
- The Blessing of the Birthright
- The Blessing of Status
- The Blessing of Love & Protection
- The Blessing of Authority
- The Blessing of Inheritance
The Blessing of Status (Justification)
- Carrying the Family Name
- The Heir of the Family Wealth
- Bar, in Hebrew, means “son of”
The Blessing of Love & Protection (Deliverance)
- The birthright brought special affection from the Father
- Abraham/Lot Protection
- Abraham/Isaac Connection of Love
- God’s love for the world (John 3:16)
- Jesus’ love for His disciples (John 13:1)
The Blessing of Authority (Prayer and Protection)
- The son could speak on behalf of his father
- The son could do business in his father’s name
- The sons of Israel went to Egypt to get food for the family at their father’s direction
- We can speak in the name of Jesus and we have authority because of relationship and birthright
The Blessing of Inheritance (Adoption)
- The son had automatic right to the goods of the father.
- He could live in his father’s land
- He could inherit a home
- He could inherit flocks and herds
The Blessings of the birthright were not ours by right of natural birth, but through the new birth wrought in Jesus Christ.
11 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.Hebrews 9:11–15 (NKJV)
13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
- The birthright of the redeemed brings many blessings
Thank God for your birthright as a child of God today!