46 How long, LORD?
Will You hide Yourself forever?
Will Your wrath burn like fire?
47 Remember how short my time is;
For what futility have You created all the children of men?
48 What man can live and not see death?
Can he deliver his life from the power of the grave?
- Lord, show Yourself to me. I need to see Your hand at work in my life.
- Please do not leave me here feeling alone.
- I am but a man, and I cannot live forever without Your fellowship and care.
- When I die, I will not be able to praise You on earth. Give me a touch, and I will declare Your glory to the ends of the earth!
49 Lord, where are Your former lovingkindnesses,
Which You swore to David in Your truth?
50 Remember, Lord, the reproach of Your servants
How I bear in my bosom the reproach of all the many peoples,
51 With which Your enemies have reproached, O LORD,
With which they have reproached the footsteps of Your anointed.
52 Blessed be the LORD forevermore!
Amen and Amen.
- Lord, You have always blessed me, provided for me, and loved me.
- I live on the promise of blessings past. However, I long to see You now.
- Your promises are true, but my souls long to see them come to fruition again.
- Look upon my situation, and have Your great and wonderful mercy upon me.
- I cannot bear the stench of my sin, or languish in the sorrow of my unrighteousness.
- My enemies scoff at me, mock me, and make a spectacle of my demise.
- Will You shut their mouths and make them regret the day they touched Your anointed?
- You are the blessed God of creation. I give You glory. You are great and greatly to be praised. Be glorified, my God and my King. Amen!