Notes from a sermon preached by Dr. Greg Sloop at the Kannapolis Church of God on Sunday, March 18, 2018 in the 10:30 am service. For video of service, go to the church website, http://www.kcog.org, and click on the livestream link for a replay of the service. For audio of the service, go the the website and click on the media page.
The Herodian Infanticide: Matthew 2:16–18 (NKJV)
- 16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry;
- and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men.
- 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying: 18 “A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more.”
Herod is Alive and Well
- Self-Absorbed Leader
- Insecure About His Hold on His Kingdom
- He sought to kill those he thought of as threats
- Satan is Attempting to Destroy a Generation
Death of a Generation
- Satan Desires to Keep Millennials (Young people, Children, Babies) From Serving God and Winning the World for Christ
- Through Crime, Hatred, Racism, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Sexual Sin, and Abortion, Satan is Seeking to Destroy a Generation and Its Impact for Christ
A Voice Must Be Heard
- Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning
- The Sorrow of a Lost Generation
- The Promise of a Voice Crying in the Wilderness
- The Hope of a Voice saying, “It Is Finished”
- Our Voice With His Voice can say, “Enough is Enough, No More!”
Praying for Your Voice
- Lord, we repent of our apathy and disinterest
- Lord, we ask for Your boldness through Your Spirit
- Lord, let us see the cause as You see it
Who Will Be The Voice?
- The Voice for the Voiceless?
- The Voice for the Future?
- The Voice of a Generation?
Prayer for the Innocent: Psalm 142:1–7 (NKJV)
- 1 I cry out to the Lord with my voice; With my voice to the Lord I make my supplication.
- 2 I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble.
- 3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me.
- 4 Look on my right hand and see, For there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul.
- 5 I cried out to You, O Lord: I said, “You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.
- 6 Attend to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are stronger than I.
- 7 Bring my soul out of prison, That I may praise Your name; The righteous shall surround me, For You shall deal bountifully with me.”
- •We live in a world Herod (Satan) roams
- •A Generation is in Peril
- •We must pray and speak for that generation!