NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD ON SUNDAY, October 21, 2018 IN THE 10:30 AM SERVICE. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO THE THE WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
From the Gift to the Goal: Faith (Part Two)
- 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
Unity of Faith
- “…till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God…”
- One Lord, One Doctrine
- Not a competition
- Come Together Around our Points of Commonality
- “…to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ…”
- To What or Whom do We Compare Ourselves?
- The Only Standard is the Example of Christ!
- Even if you never reach that stature (fullness), and we never will fully, we must strive for it.
Grown Up Faith
- “…that we should no longer be children…”
- Maturity is Key
- Growing up involves reaching benchmarks, standards for progress
- How are you reaching the goal?
- What is More Important, comfort or growth?
Stable, Wise Faith
- “…tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting…”
- When one does not know the true faith, does not have mature faith, he or she may be drawn into false doctrine and even immoral or illegal actions.
- Get stable, get wise, and stand on solid ground!
- Believe the True Doctrine (Faith) of the Bible
- Strive to Be Like Christ in Faith
- Grow Up in Faith
- Be Stable and Wise in Faith