NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD ON SUNDAY, May 26, 2019 IN THE 10:30 am SERVICE. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO THE THE WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
Remember the Victories of the Past
Deuteronomy 5:15 (NKJV) And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Remember What is Happening Now
Philippians 1:3–6 (NKJV) 3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
- Remember the Things People Are Doing For You and the Lord
- Remember the Blessings You Receive from Them
- Pray for Them Often
2 Timothy 1:3–5 (NKJV) 3 I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, 4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, 5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
- Remember the People Who Mean Something to You
- Remember the Faith Found in Others
Make New Memories
Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Know That God is Not Finished With You Yet
- God Has a Plan and A Purpose for Your Life
- Let God Formulate that Plan and Put it in Place in Your Life
- Remember the Victories of the Past
- Remember the Blessings and Friends of Today
- Make New Memories in the Days to Come
- Live Life to Fullest and Never Stop!