18 The descendants of Re’uven, the Gadi and the half-tribe of M’nasheh included 44,760 brave men who were available for warfare, able to take up shield and sword, shoot with the bow, or make use of other war skills.1 Chronicles 5:18-22 (CJB)
19 These made war with the Hagri’im, Y’tur, Nafish and Nodav. 20 They received help against them, so that the Hagri’im and all who were allied with them suffered defeat at their hands; because they cried out to God while they were fighting, and he did as they requested, because they put their trust in him.
21 From their livestock they carried off 50,000 camels, 250,000 sheep and 2,000 donkeys; they also took captive 100,000 persons. 22 Many were slaughtered, because the war was of God, and they lived in their territory until the captivity.
The Dynamics of Availability
- Availability – The progression of the anointing begins with availability
- Ability – God will then use the abilities He has already placed within you are will make you skillful with those abilities.
- Action – Availability and Ability take one to the place of action. Availability represents potential. Ability represents potential. Action is a kinetic state of moving forward with what God has given you to use. You cannot simply say you are available and never move into the war to which God has called you!
- Anointing – When you move into the role into which God is calling you (momentarily or vocationally), the anointing flows through your life and you are helped by the Holy Spirit to fulfill that calling, that role in your life.
- Access – the warring men accessed the favor of God by calling out to Him, and He responded.
- Assurance – their faith in God provided the assurance that they would succeed at the task to which God had called them.
- The Blessings of Availability
- The Divine Response to Availability
- The Inheritance from Availability
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.Romans 12:1–2 (NKJV)
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
The Layers and Levels of Availability
- Sacrifice (Cost to yourself)
- Extent (Body, whole self)
- Laying Down One’s Life (Your very being)
- No Conformity
- Renewed Thinking
- The Will of God
Obstacles to Availability
- Lack of Motivation
- Worldly Distractions
Are You Available?
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”Isaiah 6:8 (NKJV)
Artwork from https://kcdn.daughtersofthecreator.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Our-part-is-to-be-available-to-God-for-His-purposes-in-our-gifts-and-give-Him-the-glory.jpg and https://insta.bible/wp-content/uploads/13008_BibleImages_021916-01-300×300.jpg and https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/ff/d8/70ffd8f3b1cc2ef9d24bff76584fe5d8.png