Sunday, October 4, 10:30 AM Service
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
May 21, 2023
Our Shared Dream (Part Three of the Kannapolis Church of God Dream Statement)…
We are a community of unique individuals, with appreciation for diversity, and welcoming acceptance for all who desire to be a part of us as we submit ourselves to the authority of Christ. We support one another through life’s difficult challenges, are accountable to one another, forgive one another, and with God’s enablement, live holy lives.
Themes and Thoughts
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Support and Care
- Forgiveness and Holiness
Diversity & Inclusion
- We are a community of unique individuals, with appreciation for diversity, and welcoming acceptance for all who desire to be a part of us as we submit ourselves to the authority of Christ.
- Acts 2:7–12 (NKJV). 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” 12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?”
Support and Care
- We support one another through life’s difficult challenges…
- Luke 10:33–35 (NKJV) 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’
- Galatians 6:2 (NKJV). 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 12:25 (NKJV). 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
- …are accountable to one another
- Proverbs 27:17 (NKJV) 17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
- Matthew 18:15 (NKJV) 15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
- Galatians 6:1 (NKJV) 6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Forgiveness & Holiness
- …forgive one another, and with God’s enablement, live holy lives.
- Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV) 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
- Colossians 3:12–15 (NKJV) 12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
- 1 Peter 1:13–16 (NKJV) 13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
- Ephesians 5:26–27 (NKJV) 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her [the church] with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.