Sunday, November 1st, 10:30 am Service
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO THE THE WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON DR. SLOOP’S FACEBOOK PAGE.
OUR SHARED DREAM (PART FOUR OF THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD DREAM STATEMENT)…
Our common purpose—to be the incarnate body of Christ—draws us together in unity. As an expression of our gratitude for lives free from the bondage of sin, we offer ourselves as witnesses and servants of Jesus Christ to the community and to the world.
THEMES AND THOUGHTS
- Body of Christ
- “…we offer ourselves as witnesses…”
- Luke 24:46–48 (NKJV) 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things.
- Matthew 24:14 (NKJV) 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Acts 4:33 (NKJV) 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
- Acts 1:7–8 (NKJV) – 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- “…and servants of Jesus Christ…”
- 1 Chronicles 28:20–21 (NKJV) 20 And David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
- 21 Here are the divisions of the priests and the Levites for all the service of the house of God; and every willing craftsman will be with you for all manner of workmanship, for every kind of service; also the leaders and all the people will be completely at your command.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:10–12 (NKJV) 10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God,
- Romans 12:1–2 (NKJV) 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1–2 (NASB95) 1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, …which is your spiritual service of worship.
- Revelation 2:19 (NKJV) 19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
- “…to the community and to the world.”
- Mark 16:15–18 (NKJV) 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
- Matthew 28:19–20 (NKJV) 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
- 1 Samuel 15:18-19 (NKJV) 18 Now the LORD sent you on a mission, and said, ‘Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.’ 19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the LORD? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the LORD?”