(Where Does Love Lead Us?)
June 27, 2021
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
Mark 12:29–31 (NKJV) 29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
II. Love and Service
1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,Psalm 100:1–5 (NKJV)
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
- If you love God, you will serve Him
- Love should lead to service
- You cannot say you love God and not obey Him and serve Him
- Love is the concept, and service is the act.
- One thing that should never be a priority is serving yourself.
- Serve God and others first, and let yourself be served last.
- This will make sure that none are neglected or left without.
- This is God’s way of selfless service.
Types of Service
- Serving in Ministry
- Serving Your Fellow Believers
- Serving the Community
- Serving the Lost
A. Serving in Ministry
- Different Levels and Types of Ministry
B. Serving Your Fellow Believers
- Grief Ministry
- Sick Care
- Men’s & Women’s Ministry
- Ministry to the Elderly and Shut-In
C. Serving the Community
- Community Projects
- Home for Children
- Big Elm Ministries
D. Serving the Lost
- Free Water at Summer Events
- Ministry at Abortion Clinics
- Ministry at Pride Events
- Sweet Street/Community Cookout
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.Colossians 3:23–24 (NKJV)
- Loving God Leads to Service
- All Service is to God First
- Service Then Flows to Others
- Service Takes Many Forms:
- Ministry Service
- Body Service
- Community Service
- Service to the Lost