Where Does Love Lead Us?
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
May 21, 2023
July 4th, 2021, 10:30 am Service
In a Context of Reading the Bible and Prayer,
We will love God, Love One Another, and Love Souls
With Hearts Full of Gratitude
Mark 12:29–31 (NKJV)
29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
III. Love and Growth
Ecclesiastes 10:10 (NKJV) If the ax is dull, and one does not sharpen the edge, then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success.
Daniel 1:15–20 (NKJV). 15 And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king’s delicacies. 16 Thus the steward took away their portion of delicacies and the wine that they were to drink, and gave them vegetables. 17 As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. 18 Now at the end of the days, when the king had said that they should be brought in, the chief of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. 19 Then the king interviewed them, and among them all none was found like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah; therefore they served before the king. 20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding about which the king examined them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers who were in all his realm.
- If you love God, you will develop and use your knowledge, skills, and leadership to help His kingdom
- Develop and Use
- Knowledge (Word, Theology, Ministry)
- Skills (Business, Administrative, Talents)
- Leadership (Organization, Recruitment, Ministry)
- Motivation (The Glory of the Lord)
A. Develop and Use
- God expects us to grow in every way
- Christianity is not static, but dynamic
- We do not arrive, we continue the journey
- God does not want us satisfied with our level of knowledge or skill
B. Knowledge (Word, Theology, Ministry)
- Bible Study
- Ephesians 6:6–8 (NKJV)6 not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, 7 with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8 knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord….
- Colossians 3:23–24 (NKJV). 23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.
- Grow Spiritually and Biblically
- Grow in your everyday life and work
- Grow in your ministry skills and effectiveness
- Do it all for the glory of God!