The Messiah’s Triumph and Kingdom
1 Why do the nations rage,Psalm 2:1-3
And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”
- Lord, I know that the world rage against You and plot to eradicate You. They are arrogant in their anger and their foolish plans. They shall not succeed.
- Kings and rulers seek methods and ways to rebel and mutiny against You, O God. They long to run without restraint and cast off any rule of the Lord and His Christ. They will fail.
- Oh, God, I know You are the great Lord of the earth. Establish Yourself among the nations.
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;Psalm 2:4-6
The LORD shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 “Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”
- You, O Lord, will laugh at them and deride them. They will not succeed, and in their ignorance they will incur the wrath of God. Lord, help them to see the error of their ways. Lord, let them know that You are the only Lord and King. God, if You must punish them to save them, then so be it.
- Help me to recognize You as Lord and King every day, not rebelling or pushing back against Your instruction and Your law.
- Help me and all people to recognize that Your King sits upon His throne on the holy hill of Zion forever and ever.
7 “I will declare the decree:Psalm 2:7-9
The LORD has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”
- Lord, I declare before the nations Your decrees. I will make You known among the people. I will tell of Your greatness and Your great works forever.
- You have decreed that Jesus is Your Son, and that You have given Him the nations and the ends of the earth for His possession.
10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings;Psalm 2:10–12 (NKJV)
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
- You have also decreed that Jesus will break the nations with a rod of iron and dash them to pieces like a clay vessel. You are the mighty ruler and judge of the earth. You are awesome!
- I pray for the kings of the earth and the judges. God, call to them and be gracious. Call them to salvation
- I pray that all people will serve the Lord and fear His greatness, trembling before His might.
- I pray that all men and women would kiss the Son, receive His instruction and guidance, and embrace His discipline.
- Lord, let Your anger be turned away from the repentant. May Your wrath relent, even just a little, so that men and women may repent and live.
- Lord, thank You for Your blessings toward those who trust in You. You make believers part of Your family. You take us into Your fellowship and bless us beyond measure.
- Thank you for loving mankind enough to forgive our sins and make us Yours!
Artwork from https://www.georgemuller.org/uploads/4/8/6/5/48652749/published/psalm-2_1.jpg?1544593500