To the Chief Musician. With Stringed Instruments. A Psalm of David.
1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
2 How long, O you sons of men,
Will you turn my glory to shame?
How long will you love worthlessness
And seek falsehood?
- Hear me, O God!
- You alone are righteous, and You are the source of my righteousness.
- You have helped me, You have saved me, You have relieved my distress.
- Have mercy on me and hear me as I pray in my time of trouble
- I take authority over my enemies. Don’t try to make me doubt!
- I do not understand their efforts to destroy me, their need to shame me.
- I pray that my enemies will cease their chasing after worthless endeavors and false things.
- God, help this world to reframe its thinking, re-prioritize it emphases, and see You for Who You are, God Almighty, Creator, Sustainer, and Redeemer of the earth.
- Lord, help me as I stop and meditate on You (Selah).
3 But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly;
The LORD will hear when I call to Him.
4 Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
- Lord, You have set me and anyone like me–godly and submitted to You–apart for Yourself.
- You have redeemed me and called me for your purpose.
- Therefore, You will hear me when I call. My prayer for You to hear me is not out of doubt that You do, but it simply reiterates my desire for You and Your presence. I know You will hear me when I call.
- I say to myself and my fellow man and woman, do not allow Your emotions to carry over into sin.
- Lord remind me that my emotions are valid and good when they stay within the bounds of Your commands.
- When I anger, help me to stay away from sin. I can be angry, but I must not live there or allow that anger to cause me to harm another. Help me to walk in holiness, even when angry.
- Lord help me to constantly think on You. Even when I am rising up from and lying down to sleep. Help me to be still and meditate on You often.
- Lord, I stop right now and think on You (Selah).
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the LORD.
6 There are many who say,Psalm 4:5-8
“Who will show us any good?”
LORD, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
7 You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
- Lord, I offer You my all. I do not bring a blood sacrifice, for that has already been paid. I simply bring You myself. Make me holy today and then accept me into Your presence.
- I trust in You, O God. You are my Creator, Provider, and Keeper. You are my Shield and Protector.
- I know that You will do what is best for me at all times.
- Many in the world doubt that goodness can come from any source. Lord, dispel this pessimism!
- Show us the light of Your countenance. Shine on us, O Lord!
- You bring gladness to me. You lift up my heart and make me glad.
- I rejoice and am glad more so in You than in a season of an abundant harvest of grain and the increase of wine. Food and drink in excess do not thrill me like Your presence.
- I will lie down in peace. I will sleep well. I will not worry, I will not fret. I will trust in You.
- You are my source and strength, my everything. You are my God.
- You alone, O Lord, You alone make me safe as I dwell in You. You are my trust. Thank You for Your protection and Your Love.
Artwork from https://iliveforjesus.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/peace-sleep.jpeg AND https://files.logoscdn.com/v1/files/18045658/assets/3688408/content.jpg?download=true&signature=tPwPCKiLR5ReCQWmuznfSHGDyv4