1 O LORD my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me;
And deliver me,
2 Lest they tear me like a lion,
Rending me in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
3 O LORD my God, if I have done this:
If there is iniquity in my hands,
4 If I have repaid evil to him who was at peace with me,
Or have plundered my enemy without cause,
5 Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me;
Yes, let him trample my life to the earth,
And lay my honor in the dust.
- Lord, I trust You completely. You are my only faithful and sure source.
- Save me from my persecutions. They are unfounded and punitive, and I am tired.
- Deliver me from them and those who wield them.
- If You do not intervene they will tear me apart, and I will seem helpless, rent in pieces.
- Lord, if I have committed sin, if my hands are dirty, show me.
- If I have mistreated a friend who did not deserve my scorn, if I have taken from my enemy for no reason, then let my evil come back on me. Let my enemies take advantage of me if I am guilty.
- If I have asked for it, then allow me to suffer the consequences of my evil doings.
- I will meditate (Selah) on this and remember my situation. Help me remember my errors, and speak to me of my responsibility.
6 Arise, O LORD, in Your anger;
Lift Yourself up because of the rage of my enemies;
Rise up for me to the judgment You have commanded!
7 So the congregation of the peoples shall surround You;
For their sakes, therefore, return on high.
8 The LORD shall judge the peoples;Psalm 7:6-8
Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness,
And according to my integrity within me.
- However, if I am righteous in Your grace, if I am worthy because of the blood of Christ applied to my life,
- Arise, O Lord, in Your anger,
- Lift up Your hand against my enemies and their rage against me,
- Rise up in power and judge those who have persecuted Your child.
- Lord, judge all peoples. Judge me according to what You see in me.
- You are the righteous judge and I trust You to judge me fairly, for You see all.
- When You rise up, the people of God will worship You and praise You.
- When You protect Your own people, they will extol Your greatness.
- When You reveal Your innate greatness, they will see it and worship.
- For the sake of Your people, return as the exalted King and do Your bidding.
- We recognize Your awesomeness.
- We see Your glory.
- We hear the power of Your voice.
- We long for Your grace, mercy, and holiness.
- We worship You!
Artwork from https://img.heartlight.org/overlazy/creations/1021.jpg