9 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,Psalm 7:9-10
But establish the just;
For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
10 My defense is of God,
Who saves the upright in heart.
- Lord, stop the wickedness of the wicked. Stop the hands which spread evil and perform iniquity.
- Establish those who do Your will and live out Your righteousness. Let the just live victoriously.
- You test us and find us as we are. You know our thoughts and feelings and our innermost truth.
- You are my defense, and not another. You are my only source of salvation.
- You save me and make me upright and holy.
11 God is a just judge,Psalm 7:11-13
And God is angry with the wicked every day.
12 If he does not turn back,
He will sharpen His sword;
He bends His bow and makes it ready.
13 He also prepares for Himself instruments of death;
He makes His arrows into fiery shafts.
- Lord, You are just and holy and righteous, with no evil at all.
- Your anger is aroused toward the wicked at every unholy act, every vengeful and cruel thought, and every lewd desire.
- God, execute judgment upon the wicked.
- Your sword is sharp and your bow is strong.
- Your weapons are unstoppable.
- In Your mercy, save those who turn to You.
- I am not holy in my own power, and therefore I cannot judge.
- I ask You for mercy upon the evil when they call upon You and turn from their wickedness.
- Yet, You are the mighty, holy judge Who presides over all humanity.
- I trust Your judgment and worship You, O holy God.
14 Behold, the wicked brings forth iniquity;
Yes, he conceives trouble and brings forth falsehood.
15 He made a pit and dug it out,
And has fallen into the ditch which he made.
16 His trouble shall return upon his own head,
And his violent dealing shall come down on his own crown.
17 I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness,Psalm 7:14-17
And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
- Even though righteous punishment is inevitable, the wicked are blinded to it. They ignore the judgment to come and perform their unrighteous acts anyway.
- The wicked (the guilty) dream up trouble and promotes lies.
- The wicked man digs a pit for others, digging it deep, and then falls into it himself.
- Wicked people act wickedly, and then bring down their own kingdoms on their own heads.
- The results of the sinful actions of violence return to the wicked as fire raining down on their own heads.
- God, this judgment is harsh and severe. It should melt the heart of any wicked soul, but they obstinately continue in their foolish sins.
- God, I cry out for their deliverance, yet they do not repent. Their end is settled.
- But, I will praise the Lord. Your righteousness is beyond compare. You are high and lifted up, beyond all mankind and all supernatural beings. I will praise You.
- I recognize Your greatness, Your power, Your right to judge.
- I cannot ask You to relent because I am not worthy to correct or instruct You. No, God, I am a recipient of Your mercy, or I could not even call Your name.
- You, Lord, deserve my worship, my submission, my allegiance, my obedience. O, that the wicked would see this truth and repent!
- Do what You will, as You know best. I will praise You in all these things and worship You will all my heart, O God Most High and Righteous!!
Artwork from https://i.swncdn.com/media/400w/cms/CROSSCARDS/58498-psalm-7-17-cc.500w.tn.jpg AND https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/67430763_2287332347982093_1028218512146956288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=H_CDG1b35ggAX-uV49n&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=ad35e13ba31aca3a3af240c06de7a261&oe=61252D06