12 Arise, O LORD!Psalm 10:12-13
O God, lift up Your hand!
Do not forget the humble.
13 Why do the wicked renounce God?
He has said in his heart,
“You will not require an account.”
- Rise up, my Lord, and raise Your hand in judgment of the wicked.
- In Your power, remember those who struggle and fail.
- The wicked oppress the poor and scoff at Your power to judge rightly.
- Show them that You are God and vindicate the innocent and the poor.
14 But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief,Psalm 10:14-15
To repay it by Your hand.
The helpless commits himself to You;
You are the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break the arm of the wicked and the evil man;
Seek out his wickedness until You find none.
- I know You see the sorrow inflicted by the wicked.
- You are the God of recompense. You will repay the wickedness of the oppressors.
- Those without strength to defend themselves trust in You.
- I commit my life to You, I give my sorrows into Your powerful right hand.
- I trust You with my troubles. I am helpless without You.
- Help the orphan and the ones who cannot care for themselves.
- Break the hold of the wicked on those who are needy.
- Drive out wickedness and oppression and set free those who are bound.
16 The LORD is King forever and ever;Psalm 10:16-18
The nations have perished out of His land.
17 LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will prepare their heart;
You will cause Your ear to hear,
18 To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed,
That the man of the earth may oppress no more.
- You are forever LORD and King. You do not fail or run out. You are the eternal God of the whole creation.
- The ungodly nations will perish in Your land. You will rule as King where unrighteous men seek the throne.
- Hear the prayers of the humble, the orphan, the oppressed.
- Elevate the humble, be a Father to the fatherless, deliver the oppressed, for You are LORD!
- Prepare our hearts to believe, and then fulfill our desires with Your powerful intercession.
- Give us all we need and more, because You are a God of grace and mercy.
- Defend us with Your might, and stop the man of the earth from enslaving those without power.
- Your power will save, deliver, and heal. Forgive us our sins, build our faith, and show us Your glory!