Faith in the LORD’s Righteousness
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 In the LORD I put my trust; How can you say to my soul,Psalm 11:1-3
“Flee as a bird to your mountain”?
2 For look! The wicked bend their bow,
They make ready their arrow on the string,
That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
3 If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the righteous do?
- When fear attempts to tell me to run from my enemies, I will trust You, O LORD.
- I see their methods and schemes. However, I am not afraid of the enemies of my soul.
- They shoot at me with fiery arrows, but the Lord is my shield. He protects my soul from harm.
- However, if the foundations of my help were to crumble, where would I go?
- I know that I can go to the Lord!
4 The LORD is in His holy temple,Psalm 11:4-6
The LORD’s throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold,
His eyelids test the sons of men.
5 The LORD tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.
- Lord you are in Your temple in the heavens, sitting on Your majestic throne among the angels.
- You see us in our needs and in our victories. You watch over us, and you test us to make us better.
- You hate the evil and You despise the violent. You rain coals of fire on them.
- Fire and brimstone fall on their heads, and a burning wind blows upon them.
- Judgment shall be poured out of the cup of vengeance designed for them.
- Lord, protect me and your other children. Watch over us and protect us from our enemies.
- Judge them that come against Your people and watch over us while we walk on this earth.
7 For the LORD is righteous,Psalm 11:7
He loves righteousness;
His countenance beholds the upright.
- How can I trust You, O LORD?
- I can trust You because you are righteous, You love righteousness, and You have Your eye on the righteous every day.
- I can rest in You because You have proven over and over that You are trustworthy.
- You are the One in Whom I trust. You will be my source and strength, and You will be my all and all. I believe in You above all others and You are my God!