Man’s Treachery and God’s Constancy
To the Chief Musician. On An Eight-Stringed Harp. A Psalm of David.
1 Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases!
For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.
2 They speak idly everyone with his neighbor;
With flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
3 May the LORD cut off all flattering lips,
And the tongue that speaks proud things,
4 Who have said,
“With our tongue we will prevail;
Our lips are our own;
Who is lord over us?”
5 “For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy,Psalm 12:1-5
Now I will arise,” says the LORD;
“I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.”
- LORD, help us, for the godly are disappearing.
- There are fewer and fewer godly people on the earth, yet they are so needed.
- Former Christians talk idly with friends and neighbors.
- They speak with flattery and with two different outlooks and opinions. They waver back and forth, and are not consistent.
- God, stop their flattering tongues and their proud speeches.
- LORD, make them aware that they cannot win all their victories with their words, their lips, their tongues.
- God help us to stand for truth and to recognize that You are Lord over all the earth.
- God, speak to the flattering lips and tongues of the evil men who seek to win a victory by wooing with words. Make them know that they cannot sway You with words, only with worship.
6 The words of the LORD are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times.
7 You shall keep them, O LORD,
You shall preserve them from this generation forever.
8 The wicked prowl on every side,Psalm 12:6-8
When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
- But, Lord, the words of Your mouth are pure. They are like purest metal, melted in the fire and skimmed seven times.
- Your words are established forever, O LORD.
- You declare truth at all times, and we believe You.
- You are the only One with the words of life.
- The wicked prowl and lie, deceiving many along the way.
- Their vile thoughts permeate society, Lord, and they are elevated among others.
- But, You, LORD, are the only One with life and grace in Your words.
- You are the only One whose words can save and heal.
- You give us the words we need to live forever.
- Thank You, Lord, for showing us the way to eternal life and holiness.
- Speak to us, Lord, for Your words give us life.
Artwork from https://64.media.tumblr.com/6af920836ac2cd9f7434433cf46326bf/81287a47641b4fef-e6/s1280x1920/db650a24adf45b23ab863b143fc8a1aa036c7d8f.jpg