Trust in the Salvation of the LORD
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God;Psalm 13:1-4
Enlighten my eyes,
Lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4 Lest my enemy say,
“I have prevailed against him”;
Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
- Lord, how long must I feel as if You do not know me?
- Must I never see Your face again?
- I try to reason out my situation in my mind, but I am unable to discern it.
- I sorrow over our separation day after day.
- How long will my enemy win the battle over me? Why does Satan seem to trip me up at every turn?
- Hear me, O LORD!
- Consider my situation and help me to understand Your ways.
- Before I die from my sorrow, please enlighten me as to the next steps. Help me to understand Your purpose for me.
- I recoil at my enemy’s victory chant. His mocking of me goes against the faith I have in You.
- Let them not have a victory celebration over my demise, please!
5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;Psalm 13:5-6
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
- But even in the midst of my trouble, I know You are a merciful God.
- I trust in You. In my heart, I question my circumstances, but in my spirit I know that You are my champion and the conqueror of my enemies.
- I will rejoice when You save me.
- I will sing a song of victory at the work of Your hand to save.
- You are the mighty Lord of the universe.
- You deal bountifully with me, so even in the midst of trouble, I know You are there.
- Raise my sight to Your greatness. Allow me to see Your glory, that I may praise You with my whole being.
- Thank You, Lord, for Your mercy and Your rescue of my soul.