The Hope of the Faithful, and the Messiah’s Victory
A Michtam of David.
1 Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.
2 O my soul, you have said to the LORD,Psalm 16:1-3
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
3 As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”
- Lord, I trust in Your ability to keep me safe and prosper me.
- Your preserve my life and You are my God!
- In the depths of my soul I recognize You as the source of all that is good in my life.
- I cannot produce anything good that does not come from You
- I recognize the best in all the people of God around me. They are my brothers and sisters.
- I delight in the company of the saints, and in seeing Your traits in their lives.
- We exist because of You. We are good because of You. Our excellence is from the heavens, and without You we fail.
- Thank You for loving us enough to make Your greatness show through us.
4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied who hasten after another god;
Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer,
Nor take up their names on my lips.
5 O LORD, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;Psalm 16:4-6
You maintain my lot.
6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.
- However, Your goodness does not appear in the works of the idolater.
- You also exercise judgment and give sorrow to them.
- I see the results of the sin in their lives, and I choose not to drink from their cup.
- I will not offer praise or sacrifice to the false gods which deceive them.
- I will not even speak in tones of approval, for their gods are false and they are confused by false promise and lies from Satan.
7 I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;Psalm 16:7-11
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- My praises shall only be toward You, O LORD.
- You have instructed me in my youth.
- You have comforted me and spoken gently to me in my times of confusion or sorrow.
- My heart understands the value of Your presence in the dark nights of my life.
- I am steady and sure because You walk beside me. Your strength supports me and keeps me on the right path.
- You are my focus. I want my eyes to be only upon You. I long to follow in Your footsteps, and not create my own path.
- When I keep You first, my Lord, I am full of gladness within. Any glory I have is founded in Your glory.
- I am at peace in You. My fear and worry melt in Your presence. My eyes behold You and You are my God.
- You will save me from the grave. You will prevent me from lying in the ground forever.
- You are my resurrection and my life!
- In Your presence, Your glorious presence, joy is in ample supply.
- When I sit next to You, everlasting happiness and satisfaction bath my heart, soul, mind, and body.
- You bring me eternal bliss and pleasure, and I long to live in Your presence.
- Thank You for allowing me to live in relationship with You.
- I honor You as the LORD of all, and I pledge my strength to You. Bless me, but also use me, God, to glorify You in all that I do.