God the Sovereign Savior
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David The Servant of the LORD, Who Spoke to the LORD The Words of This Song on the Day that the LORD Delivered Him from the Hand of All His Enemies and from the Hand of Saul. And He Said:
1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;Psalm 18:1-3
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
- Lord, I love You for so many reasons!
- You are my strength when I am weak. You hold me up when I am weary and tired. You refresh me when I am dry or hungry.
- Lord, You are my safe place, my hiding place, a rock that always stands, a fortress for my protection.
- You deliver me from my enemies and my temptors. You come to my rescue when I am under attack.
- I will trust in You in all things and at all times.
- You are my shield against the weapons of my enemies. You are my horn, the symbol of strength over my life.
- I will call upon You, but always in praise first, for You are worthy of praise.
- Lord, I put Your praise first in my devotional time, and in so doing I know I will be saved from my enemies that attack on all sides.
- In You, I am safe from every danger and protected from foes and attacks of my enemies. You cover me all around and I am safe.
4 The pangs of death surrounded me,Psalm 18:4-6
And the floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
5 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called upon the LORD,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.
- Even though You are trustworthy, sometimes my emotions get the best of me.
- At times I have felt like the pain of death was pressing against me on all sides.
- In this world, in my world, ungodliness is like a flood. Sinfulness and false belief is all around me and at times I fear I cannot fight it off.
- Hell screams at my door, and I don’t know how long I can hold it off.
- But in my times of fear and anxiety, in those times when I cannot see the solution, I call upon You, O LORD, my God, my King, my Savior, and You hear me.
- You know my situation before I ever call, and then You hear me when I do.
- I can depend on Your help when I call, for Your ears are always open to me in my times of distress.
- Thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness and Your response to my cries.