7 Then the earth shook and trembled;Psalm 18:7-12
The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken,
Because He was angry.
8 Smoke went up from His nostrils,
And devouring fire from His mouth;
Coals were kindled by it.
9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down
With darkness under His feet.
10 And He rode upon a cherub, and flew;
He flew upon the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness His secret place;
His canopy around Him was dark waters
And thick clouds of the skies.
12 From the brightness before Him,
His thick clouds passed with hailstones and coals of fire.
- O LORD, Your presence is awesome and fearful. The earth anticipates Your mighty acts in trembling.
- When You are displeased, the foundations of the earth shake and quake.
- It is like a volcano, bubbling beneath the surface of the earth, with smoke and fire coming up from below.
- Your anger is like a powerful storm descending on the earth, darkness and ominous visual signs of Your displeasure.
- You ride on wings of a cherub, creating instability in the clouds and sending powerful winds over the earth. You are like a thunderstorm sweeping into a region to wreak havoc.
- You dispel light and your thick clouds threaten of hailstones and lightning. You are a powerful force with which to reckon in Your anger.
13 The LORD thundered from heaven,Psalm 18:13-15
And the Most High uttered His voice,
Hailstones and coals of fire.
14 He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe,
Lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them.
15 Then the channels of the sea were seen,
The foundations of the world were uncovered
At Your rebuke, O LORD,
At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.
- Then, swiftly and powerfully, Your voice thunders from heaven, the storm is unleashed and men scatter in fear.
- All Your foes are caught by arrows of judgment. Lightning strikes with ferocity and all Your enemies and all my enemies are defeated in a moment.
- It is as if everything on earth is laid bare, and You examine the foundations of the mountains and the deepest channels of the oceans. No one can hide from Your sight.
- God, Your anger and judgment are ominous and awesome. Those who serve Him have no need to fear, only to respect and serve You, Lord. I worship You and offer myself in service to You, O Lord.
- Forgive me my shortcomings and sins. Allow me to walk in Your presence in peace and safety.
- The blast of Your nostrils will judge and punish the wicked, but the righteous will be preserved. Thank You, LORD, for Your mercy upon me.
Artwork from https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/ff/56/4dff56671535cc165a6c47fdb0476e45.jpg