The Assurance of God’s Saving Work
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice.
- God, answer us when we pray!
- In my day of trouble, I long to hear Your response, Your comforting response.
- I pray for You to defend me against my enemies and send help from Your throne.
- When I cry before the altar, help me to see Your emissaries rise up and come to my aid.
- Help all Your people when we are distressed.
- Remember our love for You, our worship of You.
- I pause to think of all the times You have helped me when I was in trouble, and I thank You.
4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,Psalm 20:4-5
And fulfill all your purpose.
5 We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.
- Lord, give to me my heart’s desire. Fulfill Your calling and purpose in my life.
- Lord, let me live in such a way that You rejoice in my existence.
- I am glad and full of joy when I think of where I was and to where You have brought me.
- I am saved!
- I will lift up my hands, and raise banners, and play music, and declare my love for and trust in You.
- God, answer our petitions as we trust in You continually.
6 Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
8 They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.
9 Save, LORD!Psalm 20:6-9
May the King answer us when we call.
- This is what I know: the Lord saves those He has anointed.
- Just as He saved David His anointed king, He will save us as well.
- You answer me from Your holy hill, and by Your right hand I am saved.
- I am not alone in my fight, but You are with me.
- I will not build a castle, or a city on a hill, by my own hand and feel safe.
- My defenses are weak when attacked by other men and women.
- I will not trust in military might or fleshly weapons of war.
- I will, we will, remember the name of the LORD our God.
- My enemies will bow down before You, Lord.
- We bow before You, and You alone lift our heads and make us worthy to be in Your presence.
- Thank You, Lord, for allowing us to live in relationship with You, O mighty God.
- Save me, O LORD, in this moment, for I am surrounded.
- Whether my emotions or my enemies, I feel the pressure all around.
- Save me, for I know that my King, my Lord, my Savior, will answer when I call.
- Thank you for loving me so much that you will save me when I am weak.