1 To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. 2 O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
3 Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
- Lord, I offer up my soul as an offering to You. You are the LORD of the earth, and definitely the LORD of my soul.
- I trust You completely, and that is why I offer myself to You.
- Please preserve my soul from my enemies. Let them not triumph over me. Give me victory in every battle.
- As a matter of fact, help all of us who trust You to triumph. Leave none of us in agony and defeat.
- But Lord, leave those who work against You and your people in a heap of misery and shame.
- Show us the right way to live, and then reward us according to our obedience.
- Let Your grace allow us new chances to serve You, and Your mercy cover our missteps.
4 Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
- Show me where to walk, O LORD. Let me follow in Your footsteps, and walk in Your presence daily.
- Teach me the right way to walk.
- Lead me in a way that reveals Your truth at every step.
- You are the God of my salvation, and none other.
- You save me when I do not know how to live. You take me when I am weak and You make me strong.
- I wait on You, for I cannot even walk without Your hand upon me.
6 Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
7 Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD.
- Remember, O LORD, the blessings You have given us in the past.
- Remember Your tender and precious handling of our problems and terrifying moments of uncertainty.
- You have rescued Your people and blessed us abundantly for centuries on end.
- Please wipe out the sinfulness of my younger days from Your memory.
- Forget my sins, and in Your mercy remember us.
- You are good. Let the world see Your goodness as You bless us, God.
8 Good and upright is the LORD;
Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
9 The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way.
10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth,
To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
11 For Your name’s sake, O LORD,
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.
- Lord, You are good and you never do wrong. Your laws, Your decisions, Your judgments, every word from Your mouth is right and true.
- You teach sinners how to be saved.
- You teach the lawless to obey.
- You are a guide for those who are humble, teaching us justice and the great way of salvation.
- Following You leads us down a path of mercy and truth. If we continue to follow, we cannot fail.
- If we keep Your covenant and Your testimonies, we will live in a blessed place. You are our source and strength.
- O LORD, help me to live a holy life that glorifies You.
- Forgive me when I come up short.
- Make me new every day.
- Bless me in my good times, and let Your grace reach to me in my moments of foolish disobedience and rebellion.
- Do not pardon me because I deserve it. Pardon me because of Your name’s sake and because of a your great mercy!
- Thank You, O LORD, for Your great grace!