An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation;Psalm 27:1-3
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.
- O, LORD, You light my path and save me when I am lost.
- If you are in my life, there is no enemy that can defeat me. I do not fear anyone or anything in my life.
- When the wicked of this world attacked me to bite me and try to kill me, they fell at my side.
- Even if an entire squad of troops plotted against me, they could not penetrate Your protection and defense of me.
- I will not fear the enemies of my soul, for they cannot defeat me in the presence of my God.
- Though a war break out against me, I will be safe. In this truth I am confident.
4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;Psalm 27:4-6
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
- I have a simple request, Lord. I only ask for one thing, the most important thing, to be with You.
- I want to dwell in You house forever, O LORD.
- I long to admire Your beauty, to ask for Your powerful words, the knowledge of You which is glorious and beautiful.
- In my troublesome times, when I am pursued by my enemies and led to the slaughter, You will hide me in Your secret place, the pavilion of Your protection.
- Save me, O Lord and hide me, lift me above my enemies and make me unreachable by the devil and his minions.
- Then my head will be lifted up above all those who would plot against me.
- I will offer the sacrifice of praise to You, O God.
- I will praise you in Your sanctuary and sing a song of praise to You.
- Yes, I will sing a song to glorify Your name.
- You are God and I will lift You up before the people.
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!Psalm 27:7-10
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the LORD will take care of me.
- Hear me when I cry out to You.
- Let my voice ring true in Your ears, the voice of Your child who needs mercy.
- Answer me with Your mercy and grace, save me.
- Do not hide from me or turn away.
- Do not exercise Your anger upon me.
- You have helped me in days gone by, and You will help me today.
- Never leave me. Do not forsake me in my trouble.
- Even if my closest friends and family forsake me, please Lord, stay with me.
- Take care of me like You always have. I know Your tender kindness is forever available to me.
11 Teach me Your way, O LORD,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD;Psalm 27:11-14
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!
- Teach me to follow you in Your way.
- Make my path smooth, in spite of my enemies.
- Do not let the enemy prevail over me.
- They lie about me and they make threats to my soul.
- I would have given up had You not proven Yourself to me over and over.
- I believe I will see Your goodness again, in this land in which we live.
- I will be saved before I die. You will rescue me in this world and the next.
- If my friends are in trouble, I will say unto them, “Wait on the Lord and be full of courage.”
- I trust that You will strengthen their hearts and give them power to go on another day.
- So I wait, we wait, on the Lord!
Artwork from https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5d86d0369cd1986cf17701dc/1580096512771-3VT8DHN1F4RRNIM0AFCK/IMG_1799+%281%29.JPG?format=1000w AND https://dailyverses.net/images/en/kjv/xl/psalms-27-3.jpg