Rejoicing in Answered Prayer
A Psalm of David.
1 To You I will cry, O LORD my Rock: Do not be silent to me,
Lest, if You are silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
3 Do not take me away with the wickedPsalm 28:1-5
And with the workers of iniquity,
Who speak peace to their neighbors,
But evil is in their hearts.
4 Give them according to their deeds,
And according to the wickedness of their endeavors;
Give them according to the work of their hands;
Render to them what they deserve.
5 Because they do not regard the works of the LORD,
Nor the operation of His hands,
He shall destroy them
And not build them up.
- I will not call for man to save me. He is unable to help me in my time of need.
- I will not attempt to will myself to be saved, for my power in nothing.
- But I will cry unto You, my God, my Lord, my Rock.
- Speak to me, for if Your voice is silent, I will go down to hell without hope.
- Hear my prayers and answer me when I cry out to You, O LORD.
- When I lift up my hands in worship and surrender, save me.
- When I come to Your house or worship in my house, see me and seek me as I seek You.
- Do not let me suffer the fate of the wicked or the death of the evil.
- I will not speak good and then do evil.
- They deserve their just reward, because they do not regard You or Your instruction.
- They do not acknowledge Your unlimited power and strength.
- They do not recognize Your hand at work among the earth.
- But I honor You, Lord. You are the powerful God of the universe. You are the Lord of all!
- Destroy the wicked, but know my heart, that I love and worship You.
6 Blessed be the LORD,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.
8 The LORD is their strength,Psalm 28:6-9
And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
9 Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever.
- Bless You, Lord! You have heard me and answered me in my moment of distress.
- I am weak and I do not know how to grow strong.
- You are my strength and my shield. When I trust in You, You help me.
- Help me today as I struggle with my life.
- Strengthen my weak hands and make me whole.
- I will rejoice in You. Your salvation will bring a song from my soul. I will lift You up!
- You, Lord, are our strength, and our salvation. You are the refuge from the storm.
- Save us today and tomorrow and every day. Bless us, Your children. Shepherd us through this desperate life.
- Bear us up in Your arms when we are weak or broken.
- Be what we need in every moment. You are our Savior, You are our Lord.