Praise to God in His Holiness and Majesty
A Psalm of David.
1 Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones,Psalm 29:1-2
Give unto the LORD glory and strength.
2 Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name;
Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- Give unto the Lord the glory due His great name.
- You mighty ones, lay your crowns and glory at His feet.
- Worship Him and His holiness. He is the only One worthy of glory and strength.
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
The God of glory thunders;
The LORD is over many waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
The voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars,
Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes them also skip like a calf,
Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire.
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;Psalm 29:3-9
The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth,
And strips the forests bare;
And in His temple everyone says, “Glory!”
- Lord, Your voice is powerful and above all others.
- You speak louder than powerful currents, waves, and rapids of waters.
- Your voice sounds like thunder, and You rule over the raging waters.
- Your voice is full of majesty, and rings with authority and power.
- Your strong voice breaks through forests of trees. Large, stately trees, will be moved by Your voice as if they were dancing calves or a young wild ox.
- Your voice, the wind of your Spirit, divides the fire into multiple spikes of flames.
- The very wilderness shakes with an earthquake when you speak. Deer and other wild animals give birth prematurely at the awesome sound of Your voice.
- The trees are stripped bare by its power. When He speaks, all His people say “Glory.”
- Lord, speak with Your voice over my circumstances. Let Your powerful voice be the salvation of my soul. Declare my good to the enemy and let me watch Him fade into oblivion when You speak.
- Your voice, O LORD, is my shield, and the sword which fights for me.
10 The LORD sat enthroned at the Flood,Psalm 29:10-11
And the LORD sits as King forever.
11 The LORD will give strength to His people;
The LORD will bless His people with peace.
- Lord, the flood that destroyed the earth was perhaps the greatest earthly catastrophe in the history of mankind. All life not in the ark was destroyed.
- You rode on the flood, enthroned as King forever over the flood.
- It did nothing without Your authorization. You did not get taken by surprise by the flood, for You sent the flood, and sat on Your throne ruling over it the entire time.
- You sit enthroned for eternity because You are God. There is no end to Your reign.
- Give strength to us, O God. Bless us with peace and help us to walk in victory.
- Let us see You as the LORD on His throne each and every day, for Your reign never ends.
- We are Your servants, O Great King. Bless us in Your grace and walk with us through this world each day.