The Blessedness of Answered Prayer
A Psalm. A Song At the Dedication of the House of David.
1 I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up,Psalm 30:1-3
And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You,
And You healed me.
3 O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
- I will lift Your name high above all others, O LORD.
- You have lifted me up in victory over my enemies.
- When I cried out with my voice unto You, You healed me and made me whole.
- Heal me of my diseases.
- Heal me of my hurts.
- Heal me of my sins.
- Make me every bit whole!
4 Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
6 Now in my prosperity I said,Psalm 30:4-7
“I shall never be moved.”
7 LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong;
You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
- We who know the Lord should sing praises unto His greatness.
- When I sin, I know that Your anger is aroused and you experience displeasure. Thankfully, though, Your anger abates because of your grace.
- However, Your favor is everlasting. I thank you for Your favor.
- Because of Your loving kindness, I can endure all things.
- Weeping may last for the night, and my problems may be intense for a short time, but I know that by your grace, joy will return quickly, as the sun rises up in the morning.
- You rise like the sun and make me glad again, and my memories of pain are a distant memory.
- Lord, keep me in Your prosperity and set my feet strongly upon the path You have set before me, in which You prosper me.
- Because of You, my mountain stands firm and I only feel regret when You hide Your face from me.
- Do not hide Your face from me. Let me see Your smile and hear Your voice, O LORD. I need You every day.
8 I cried out to You, O LORD;
And to the LORD I made supplication:
9 “What profit is there in my blood,
When I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise You?
Will it declare Your truth?
10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me;
LORD, be my helper!”
11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;Psalm 30:8-12
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
- You hear me when I call on You.
- I cannot praise You from the grave, therefore, keep me from bloodshed and preserve me alive.
- The dust of my decayed body cannot praise You, it will not declare Your truth.
- Have mercy on me, Lord.
- Hear my prayers and help me, O LORD!
- Thank You for responding to my call.