1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2 Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.
3 For You are my rock and my fortress;Psalm 31:1-5
Therefore, for Your name’s sake,
Lead me and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me,
For You are my strength.
5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth
- Lord, I trust in You and You alone.
- I pray for Your protection and strength. Let me never be put to shame.
- Deliver me from my enemies by Your power and might.
- My righteous God, keep me from harm.
- Hear my prayers when I call. Turn Your ear toward my cries quickly that I may be delivered.
- Hide me in Your shadow. Be my rock to guard me from my enemies.
- Be like a massive fortress of stone that cannot be breached. You are my tower of defense!
- For the glory of the Lord and Your name’s sake, lead me in the path of safety and security.
- When I am trapped, pull me out of the trap set for me by my enemies.
- You are all the strength I need.
- I commit all that I am, my life, my strength, my spirit, into Your hands.
- You alone redeem me and show me the way of truth. Continue to show me Your way and give me the strength to walk in it daily.
6 I have hated those who regard useless idols;Psalm 31:6-8
But I trust in the LORD.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy,
For You have considered my trouble;
You have known my soul in adversities,
8 And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy;
You have set my feet in a wide place.
- Idolaters are useless, serving useless gods of their own invention.
- I hate idolatry and its practice. It leads the gullible to false conclusions and beliefs.
- But in You, O LORD, I will rejoice and be glad. Extend Your mercy to me each and every day. I need you.
- I trust in You. I glory in You. You have seen me in my need and rescued me.
- You know my trouble and You save me from it and all my enemies.
- When I face adversity, You knew me and saved me.
- Save me today and every day as I face evil men who oppose me.
- Do not allow their hands to choke my life away. Instead, make me an elusive target, unable to be caught in their traps.
- Set me in a wide place, where no predator can reach me and no enemy can harm me.
- You are my source and my strength, my help in trouble.
- I love You and I thank You, O LORD, that You care for me.