11 Come, you children, listen to me;Psalm 34:11-14
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.
- Lord, teach me to know Your will and Your wisdom.
- I will incline my ear to Your Spirit that I may live long and blessed in this world.
- Lord, help me to speak only those things that glorify You, and to not speak evil of my God or my fellow citizens of the world.
- Walk with me that I might do good, and pursue peace at every turn.
15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
16 The face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears,Psalm 34:15-18
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
- Lord, I am thankful that You see me.
- You see my successes and victories.
- You see my failures and my wounds.
- You see my path and You lead me into Your path.
- You also see the evil and cut them off.
- Keep me holy and help me to live for You that I might live please You in all things.
- I cry out to You for help and You are there.
- Your deliverance saves me from my troubles.
- Be near to me, O LORD, and keep me in Your will.
- I am broken in my humanity. I realize my frailty and my insufficiency.
- I bow before You in full awareness that I am weka, evil, and full of sin. Forgive me, Lord and make me clean.
- Help me, Lord, to walk in a way that reflects You and You alone!
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,Psalm 34:19-22
But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
20 He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
22 The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.
- The righteous servant of God still sees affliction, of which God is aware.
- Lord, You deliver us out of them all. Continue to come to our rescue!
- Lord, just as Your guarded the body of Jesus, not allowing His bones to be broken, and just as You brought His body back from the grave, guard me and redeem me from death when it comes to my door.
- Let the very evil acts of the wicked come back on their heads.
- Condemn the slanderous, rebellious work of the sinful who deny Christ and His church.
- Redeem me; redeem us, and let none of us be condemned as we serve You, O LORD!