11 My loved ones and my friends stand aloof from my plague,Psalm 38:11-12
And my relatives stand afar off.
12 Those also who seek my life lay snares for me;
Those who seek my hurt speak of destruction,
And plan deception all the day long.
- Lord, I have repented before You.
- I renounce my evil and ask for Your forgiveness.
- I know You are a merciful and gracious God.
- Yet, my friends and relatives avoid me, seeing me in my disease and being repulsed by my condition.
- My enemies want to take advantage of my situation and trap me in order to destroy me.
13 But I, like a deaf man, do not hear;
And I am like a mute who does not open his mouth.
14 Thus I am like a man who does not hear,
And in whose mouth is no response.
15 For in You, O LORD, I hope;Psalm 38:13-16
You will hear, O Lord my God.
16 For I said, “Hear me, lest they rejoice over me,
Lest, when my foot slips, they exalt themselves against me.”
- Lord, I ignore their threats and their schemes. I will not even respond to their foolish taunts.
- O LORD, from my bed of despair, I know You are God.
- I will only trust in You, and no other.
- I will hear Your voice and listen to Your words.
- I will hope in You.
- Hear me, Lord, and save me from their tricks.
- Make my feet strong on the path You have for me.
- Do not allow my enemies to exalt themselves over me.
17 For I am ready to fall,
And my sorrow is continually before me.
18 For I will declare my iniquity;
I will be in anguish over my sin.
19 But my enemies are vigorous, and they are strong;
And those who hate me wrongfully have multiplied.
20 Those also who render evil for good,
They are my adversaries, because I follow what is good.
21 Do not forsake me, O LORD;Psalm 38:17-22
O my God, be not far from me!
22 Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation!
- Without Your help, I will fall. I feel my feet slipping even now.
- I feel sorrow and I am low. I admit my sin and my failures completely.
- My enemies are strong and seek my life. They recruit others to work against me.
- They long to speak evil and act destructively, even though I have been good to them.
- They want to bring my head down to the grave, because I believe in You.
- Do not forsake me, O LORD. Come near and restore me. Heal my broken heart and strengthen my arms that I may contend again.
- Lord, come quickly to me and let me feel Your presence.
- You alone are my salvation. I know You to be my Lord and my God. In You alone I trust!