The Glories of the Messiah and His Bride
To the Chief Musician. Set to “The Lilies.” A Contemplation of the Sons of Korah. A Song of Love.
1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme;
I recite my composition concerning the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
2 You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.
3 Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One,
With Your glory and Your majesty.
4 And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness;
And Your right hand shall teach You awesome things.
5 Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King’s enemies;
The peoples fall under You.
6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
8 All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia,
Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.
9 Kings’ daughters are among Your honorable women;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
- You are worthy, O LORD, of a ballad of Your greatness. I wish that I could write a poem worthy of Your splendor.
- You are more wonderful than any man alive. Your lips drip with grace, and You are blessed forever.
- You are the mightiest Warrior, a majestic One.
- Your enemies fall by Your side, and Your kingdom is forever.
- You are righteous and holy, without compare.
- You are the anointed Messiah, and You bring joy to all who serve You.
- You have the aroma of a King. You sit in a palace and rule in greatness.
- You have a Kingdom beyond compare.
10 Listen, O daughter,
Consider and incline your ear;
Forget your own people also, and your father’s house;
11 So the King will greatly desire your beauty;
Because He is your Lord, worship Him.
12 And the daughter of Tyre will come with a gift;
The rich among the people will seek your favor.
13 The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace;
Her clothing is woven with gold.
14 She shall be brought to the King in robes of many colors;
The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to You.
15 With gladness and rejoicing they shall be brought;
They shall enter the King’s palace.
16 Instead of Your fathers shall be Your sons,
Whom You shall make princes in all the earth.
17 I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations;
Therefore the people shall praise You forever and ever.
- Daughter of Zion, the people of God, consider Your King.
- He longs for You to be by His side.
- In response to the call of the King, I will worship Him.
- I will cast my wealth at His feet.
- My King will clothe me in the best of all clothing.
- He will give me gold to sustain me.
- I will be glad and rejoice over my King.
- I will dwell in His house.
- Lord, in honor of You, I will produce new sons for You, daughters of destiny for Your glory.
- I will spread Your fame to all people.
- I will make Your name glorious in all the earth and for all days.
- You have brought me into Your house, and I will declare Your greatness to all the earth.
- You are my King!
- Help me, I pray, to never cease to praise You and worship at Your feet.