The Glories of the City of God
A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. A Song.
1 His foundation is in the holy mountains.
2 The LORD loves the gates of Zion
More than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3 Glorious things are spoken of you,
O city of God!
- Lord, I ask You to live with me. Let me live with You.
- Your dwelling place is beautiful and safe.
- Let me dwell with You forever!
- Let the people around me long to live in the house of God as I am allowed to live with You.
- There is no place I would rather be than with You, O LORD!
- Let me meditate on Your presence at all times.
4 “I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to those who know Me;
Behold, O Philistia and Tyre, with Ethiopia:
‘This one was born there.’ ”
5 And of Zion it will be said,
“This one and that one were born in her;
And the Most High Himself shall establish her.”
6 The LORD will record,
When He registers the peoples:
“This one was born there.”
- Lord, let me be Your witness to the lands. Strengthen me to show Your truth and light to all the dark nations of the earth.
- Let me be part of the solution to the sins of mankind, and help me to draw nations unto You, just as Israel was destined to draw all people to Zion in worship of Yahweh.
- Let me play my role and perform my part to help heathens to be born in You, born again unto forgiveness and salvation.
- Make me an instrument of reconciliation between God and man. Help me to draw men and women into the fellowship of Christ.
- I sit in Your presence and listen for Your voice as I meditate on the task at hand. Speak to me, Father.
7 Both the singers and the players on instruments say,
“All my springs are in you.”
- Let me be part of the choir that rejoices in the salvation of the Gentiles and the union of all saints under heaven as we praise the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
- Let us rejoice together as we drink from the fountain the water of life.
- You are our source, Jesus, and You are the living water that flows from the fountain from which we drink!