The Power of God in His Deliverance of Israel
1 When Israel went out of Egypt,
The house of Jacob from a people of strange language,
2 Judah became His sanctuary,
And Israel His dominion.
- God, when You liberated Israel out of Egypt, You lived with them and led them.
- When they got to the Promised Land of Canaan, You settled Your place of worship in Jerusalem in Judah, and You made the land Your dominion.
- You dwelled with them in the land and protected them as long as they worshipped You.
- Dwell with me and with my church. Lead us in the way that we should go, and we will follow.
- Make our hearts Your sanctuary and live in us!
3 The sea saw it and fled;
Jordan turned back.
4 The mountains skipped like rams,
The little hills like lambs.
5 What ails you, O sea, that you fled?
O Jordan, that you turned back?
6 O mountains, that you skipped like rams?
O little hills, like lambs?
7 Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord,
At the presence of the God of Jacob,
8 Who turned the rock into a pool of water,
The flint into a fountain of waters.
- Let the world see Your power working in us.
- Make all obstacles move out of our way.
- Cause our roadblocks or mountains to run away when they see Your power in us.
- Let the earth tremble at our sight!
- We do not present an ominous image in our flesh, but Your power in us is insurmountable!
- May Your presence open the way before us that we may take the land of Your inheritance.
- You will make a way for us, and You will give us what You intend for us to have.
- I trust in You, O LORD!