NOTES FROM A SERMON (Second in a Series) PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 IN THE 10:30 am SERVICE. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO THE THE WEBSITE AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
The Attitude of a Servant
Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.Ephesians 6:5–8 (NKJV)
- Honor and Respect
Who’s the Boss?
A Pivotal, Peremptory Question: Who Is God?
The Argument for God
- With all that He is, no one is more powerful or full of authority.
- His myriad offices are the most authoritative of all, the most extreme in each role.
Who Will You Serve?
- Self: Finite, Temporary, Mistake-Prone, Sinful?
- Satan: Evil on Every Level, Deceptive, Destined for Destruction
- God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit): Eternal, Immutable, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Gracious, Merciful, Beyond.
Artwork from https://image1.slideserve.com/2483314/slide1-n.jpg