A Prayer of Faith in Time of Distress
To the Chief Musician. With Stringed Instruments. On An Eight-Stringed Harp. A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3 My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O LORD—how long?
4 Return, O LORD, deliver me!Psalm 6:1-5
Oh, save me for Your mercies’ sake!
5 For in death there is no remembrance of You;
In the grave who will give You thanks?
- Lord, I know I am evil at times. I know I fail You in my flesh, but I ask for Your mercy.
- Please do not rebuke me in Your anger. I deserve Your chastening, but I ask for your mercy.
- I am weak and imperfect. Heal me, make me holy, I plead.
- My bones are troubled. My inmost being is ill. Save me from this malady!
- How long will I be troubled, O my Lord? How long will I suffer in my humanity?
- I look for You, O Lord. Return to me and deliver me from my sinful ways.
- Save me, because You are a merciful God!
- If I die from my inward disease, or whether You judge me with sudden death, how will I remember You? How will I give You thanks?
- I long to worship You. I long to remember You fondly and give You thanks for Your goodness.
- Please look beyond my faults and save me. Your mercy will be extolled by my soul.
- Your grace will be declared on the highest hills and in the lowest valleys.
6 I am weary with my groaning;
All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with my tears.
7 My eye wastes away because of grief;
It grows old because of all my enemies.
8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;Psalm 6:6-10
For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my supplication;
The LORD will receive my prayer.
10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.
- I am weary from my weakness. I groan within from this need in my soul.
- My bed is soaked with tears all night, and I cannot see the morning on the horizon.
- I am blinded by my grief, and I feel as if I grow old because my enemies, physical and spiritual, hover all around me.
- Yet, I can arise and rebuke my enemies. I can order them to depart from me.
- Why? Because You, O Lord, hear my weeping, my supplication, my prayer, and You strengthen me.
- You give me authority over my enemies. I can declare Your power to them and they must depart.
- My enemies shall be ashamed and troubled, as they have troubled me.
- Turn back, Satan, and leave me! Turn back, my enemies, and trouble me no more!
- Be ashamed that you attacked a child of God, and run back to your lair to lick your wounds.
- My God is powerful and greater than any enemy I may face.
- He will deliver me from my enemies and from my own frailty.
- Thank You, O Lord, for saving me!
Artwork from https://storage.googleapis.com/pverse/verses/i/a/i-am-weary-with-my-moaning-every-night-i-flood-my-bed-with-tears-i-drench-m-esv-2483.jpg AND https://www.slideteam.net/media/catalog/product/cache/960×720/p/s/psalms_6_9_the_lord_accepts_my_prayer_powerpoint_church_sermon_Slide03.jpg AND http://micahcsmith.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/6/4/45646709/7933753.jpg?341