1 I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;Psalm 9:1-2
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
- Lord, I will give You the glory for Your mighty acts.
- You have given me great things: life, salvation, healing, deliverance, peace.
- Therefore, I will offer my praise with all that is within me.
- I will be overjoyed in Your generosity to all of mankind and to me.
- I will declare You Almighty and extol Your praiseworthy name.
- You are worthy of my heartfelt praise!
3 When my enemies turn back,
They shall fall and perish at Your presence.
4 For You have maintained my right and my cause;
You sat on the throne judging in righteousness.
5 You have rebuked the nations,
You have destroyed the wicked;
You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
6 O enemy, destructions are finished forever!Psalm 9:3-8
And you have destroyed cities;
Even their memory has perished.
7 But the LORD shall endure forever;
He has prepared His throne for judgment.
8 He shall judge the world in righteousness,
And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.
- You are the defender of my soul. My enemies are rebuffed at Your sight.
- My enemies fall at Your presence. Defend me, Lord and make me safe.
- You have always protected my right and my cause, sitting on the throne of heaven, adjudicating my disputes against evil men.
- You rebuke nations and destroy the wicked, You have made the memory of them disappear.
- My enemies have taken plunder from cities and destroyed nations. They have been destructive, even in my life.
- They have wiped out entire peoples in their vicious attacks.
- But now, their destructions are over, in the name of my Lord!
- They will no longer rule by fear over me. They are stopped from their destructions and made to cease their attacks on the people of God.
- The Lord will exist and thrive and rule forever. His throne is established for all time and beyond.
- He is the righteous judge, and He will rule for the righteous against evil men and women who seek harm against the righteous children of God.
- I will fear my enemies no more. I will stand in courage against them, and in the name of Jesus I will be safe!
9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.Psalm 9:9-10
- The LORD is a powerful refuge, saving souls from oppression and trouble.
- I can trust in Him. We can trust in Him.
- He will be faithful. He will not forsake us, no matter what!
- The Lord is faithful, and will not fail us in the midst of trouble or in prosperity.
11 Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion!Psalm 9:11-12
Declare His deeds among the people.
12 When He avenges blood, He remembers them;
He does not forget the cry of the humble.
- I will sing the Lord’s praises, for He is worthy!
- The Lord lives in Zion, therefore, I will be His Zion.
- I will be His holy hill. I will make a place for the LORD to inhabit. My praises will make room for Him.
- I will praise Him, and I will declare His works and deeds among the people who surround me.
- When the righteous judge of the earth begins to avenge the weak, the poor, the oppressed, He will remember their plight and rescue them from their enemies.
- The Lord is the Avenger of the weak.
- He does not forget the petition of the humble.
- He hears from heaven, He knows our plight, He remembers our cries before Him.
- God, avenge me of my harm.
- Lord, restore my strength and my purpose.
- Father, protect me. Son, save me. Holy Spirit, help me.
- When my enemies overwhelm me, push them back and minister to me.
- Let this prayer be for all the people of God.
- Let this praise be only for You, O LORD.
Artwork from https://d347bo4ltvvnaz.cloudfront.net/images/ScriptureArt_1116_-_Psalm9_1_157x157.jpg AND https://imageproxy.youversionapi.com/1280×1280/https://s3.amazonaws.com/static-youversionapi-com/images/base/3073/1280×1280.jpg AND https://www2.pictorem.com/collection/900_ABConcepts_Psalm_9_11-12.jpg