13 Have mercy on me, O LORD!
Consider my trouble from those who hate me,
You who lift me up from the gates of death,
14 That I may tell of all Your praise
In the gates of the daughter of Zion.
I will rejoice in Your salvation.
15 The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
16 The LORD is known by the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
- Have mercy, O Lord!
- Deliver me from those who hate me.
- You have lifted me up, and now I need You again to deliver me from death.
- I feel the gates of death coming near me. I feel the weight of my mortality.
- When I am delivered, I cannot help but declare Your praises.
- I will tell of Your power and goodness throughout Zion to Your sons and daughters.
- I rejoice that You have saved me again and delivered me from harm.
- You are my Liberator, my Savior, my God!
- I meditate on Your greatness and pause to reflect on Your power.
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell,
And all the nations that forget God.
18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
19 Arise, O LORD,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
20 Put them in fear, O LORD,
That the nations may know themselves to be but men.
- At the end of time, the evil will be cast into the eternal punishment of hell.
- All the people groups that forget God will suffer the same fate.
- God, this is tragic and saddening, but is nevertheless the fate of those who reject Your Lordship.
- The evil will suffer the eternal consequences of their actions.
- I cannot rejoice over this, but I must recognize that this punishment is just.
- Forgive, O God, those who repent and save them.
- Lift up the oppressed, and remember the poor and needy.
- Supply the needs of an impoverished and downtrodden people.
- I know You will have mercy on the poor.
- Arise, O LORD!
- Do not ignore the sins of the men and women who scoff at Your power.
- Do not let evil people overcome the righteous.
- We who serve You are not righteous on our own, but in Your mercy You make us holy.
- Those who reject Your grace are condemned. They will face the judgment of their sins.
- Let the fear of You fall upon all those who rebel against You.
- Bring them to the realization that man is nothing without God.
- Let them understand, no, make them understand the greatness of God and the insignificance of mankind, so that they will repent.
- Give humanity the knowledge of Your greatness, that they may contemplate their state, and know Your state, and call upon You in fear and trembling.
- Save our friends in sin.
- Redeem our family members who walk wickedly.
- Help us, as we declare Your goodness, to draw them to salvation.
- I pause and meditate on the grace bestowed on me and the hope of the salvation of the world!