A Song of Confidence in God’s Triumph Over Evil
1 Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? Why do You hide in times of trouble?
2 The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor;
Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
3 For the wicked boasts of his heart’s desire;Psalm 10:1-4
He blesses the greedy and renounces the LORD.
4 The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God;
God is in none of his thoughts.
- O LORD, why do You seem so far away?
- Are You hiding from me?
- I know You are there, but I cannot see or feel You.
- Prideful oppressors reign over the poor
- Let their plots turn back on them and catch them in their iniquity. You are the righteous Judge!
- They do not give You honor. They honor the evil practices of evil men and women.
- They lift up their sinful partners, always greedy and selfish.
- They brag on one another and declare evil to be good in spite of Your word.
- Do Your will, O Lord, for You know their end.
5 His ways are always prospering;Psalm 11:5-7
Your judgments are far above, out of his sight;
As for all his enemies, he sneers at them.
6 He has said in his heart, “I shall not be moved;
I shall never be in adversity.”
7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and oppression;
Under his tongue is trouble and iniquity.
- The pride and arrogance of the evil is palpable, filling all the air around their small empires.
- He denied the possibility of failure, hating their enemies.
- Your ways are higher, O Lord. You are superior to all women and men on earth. Help them see their futility and ignorance.
- The mouth of the evil is full of pride, deceit, profanity, oppression, and trouble for all with whom they associate.
- They breath dark death upon their empires, ruling with a rod of iron.
- But You, O LORD, are the source of life and love and health and healing.
- I praise You, O God, even in the presence of the evil ones, for You transcend their wicked ways and bless me in spite of them. You are awesome!
8 He sits in the lurking places of the villages;Psalm 11:8-11
In the secret places he murders the innocent;
His eyes are secretly fixed on the helpless.
9 He lies in wait secretly, as a lion in his den;
He lies in wait to catch the poor;
He catches the poor when he draws him into his net.
10 So he crouches, he lies low,
That the helpless may fall by his strength.
11 He has said in his heart,
“God has forgotten;
He hides His face;
He will never see.”
- The evil ones set traps and oppress those who unwittingly fall into their traps. God, make us wise and aware of their evil schemes.
- They arrogantly work against the people of God, thinking that You will not know their evil deeds, but You, O LORD, know all.
- Shine the light on their evil and stop their hands from doing wickedness.
- They foolishly mock Your holiness and righteous judgment by continuing their evil in the midst of the earth, but I know that You will one day require an accounting of their actions.
- In spite of their arrogance, You are God. You are Creator, Sustainer, Judge, and LORD. I trust in You!
Artwork from https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/cc/ef/27ccef3c8c52742908def7bac0f74091.jpg