The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the LORD
A Psalm of David.
1 LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle?Psalm 15:1-5a
Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
2 He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
3 He who does not backbite with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend;
4 In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
But he honors those who fear the LORD;
He who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5 He who does not put out his money at usury,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.
- Lord, You are holy beyond any comprehension of man.
- You are without sin and evil. Every act of God is righteous.
- You are the most holy and powerful being, standing outside of our existence in resplendent glory.
- You transcend earth and humanity.
- Who can even presume to dwell in Your presence? Who can elevate to Your place? No one in their own strength can do this.
- However, those who walk uprightly, work righteousness, and speak the truth can dwell in Your presence.
- Lord, help me to dwell with You by Your grace and mercy. I am not upright or righteous on my own.
- I would not even know truth without You, O LORD.
- Keep me from speaking evil of others. Keep me from acting in evil ways toward my fellow man.
- Temper my lips that I may not speak derogatory words about my friends.
- Help me, O LORD, to despise evil and honor good. Give the the discernment to know the difference and always seek good over evil.
- I celebrate those who walk with You. I will speak the truth at all times, even if it costs me.
- I will walk consistently in Your ways and honor You with my words and actions.
- Help me to live up to that standard and honor You, O LORD.
- I will lend without expectation of gain. I will refuse gifts that taint my character or challenge my integrity.
- These are all my desires, Lord, but I cannot see them fulfilled without Your mighty help.
- Help me, Lord, to glorify You at all times.
He who does these things shall never be moved.Psalm 15:5b
- I know, O LORD, that You are my source of strength.
- I know that I can do all things through You.
- Empower me to be like You, and walk with me that I do not stumble.
- As I do Your will and purpose for my life, and as I live holy before You, I trust with my whole heart that You will keep me and I shall not be moved! Thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness.