16 He sent from above, He took me;Psalm 18:16-19
He drew me out of many waters.
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy,
From those who hated me,
For they were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the LORD was my support.
19 He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.
- Lord, in the midst of Your anger and judgment, You still know where I am and You find me.
- Draw me out of the deep waters and save me, O LORD.
- Keep me from my enemies, my haters, and deliver me from their grasp.
- They are strong, and they face off with me, longing to harm and destroy me.
- But I know that You are muy support.
- Set my feet in a broad place, a place easy to traverse. Let me walk where there are no rocks and holes to trip me.
- I know that You will deliver me because You love me and delight in me. I am so thankful for Your care!
20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;Psalm 18:20-24
According to the cleanness of my hands
He has recompensed me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD,
And have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all His judgments were before me,
And I did not put away His statutes from me.
23 I was also blameless before Him,
And I kept myself from my iniquity.
24 Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
- O LORD, because of Your grace, I am counted as holy. Thank You that You reward me by Your grace.
- My hands are clean because You clean them, O God. You reward me according to Your lovingkindness.
- I keep Your ways, even if I am imperfect. I will not depart from You.
- I study and meditate on Your word, for in it is life.
- I strive to keep myself from sin and iniquity. You deserve my best. Please forgive me when I fail.
- My righteousness is imperfect, but Your grace and mercy are abounding. Thank You that I can have fellowship with You because of Your mercy and grace. You are amazingly patient with me. Forgive me when I fail and continue to help me to live a righteous life before You, O My LORD!