Joy in the Salvation of the LORD
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 The king shall have joy in Your strength, O LORD;
And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
2 You have given him his heart’s desire,
And have not withheld the request of his lips.
- O LORD, I rejoice in Your strength!
- You are the Savior of the world and my personal Savior as well.
- I rejoice that my sins are forgiven and my soul is safe in You.
- You give me great and wonderful things when I make petitions before You.
- When I call on Your name, You answer.
- Help me to live in such a way that I think thoughts that align with Your will and plan for my life. Then I know that You will continually answer my prayers.
- I meditate on the goodness of God and His powerful provision for my life. You are gracious and giving and I love You, O LORD.
3 For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;Psalm 21:3-12
You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
4 He asked life from You, and You gave it to him—
Length of days forever and ever.
5 His glory is great in Your salvation;
Honor and majesty You have placed upon him.
6 For You have made him most blessed forever;
You have made him exceedingly glad with Your presence.
7 For the king trusts in the LORD,
And through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.
8 Your hand will find all Your enemies;
Your right hand will find those who hate You.
9 You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of Your anger;
The LORD shall swallow them up in His wrath,
And the fire shall devour them.
10 Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth,
And their descendants from among the sons of men.
11 For they intended evil against You;
They devised a plot which they are not able to perform.
12 Therefore You will make them turn their back;
You will make ready Your arrows on Your string toward their faces.
- Lord, You have blessed me beyond measure. All things You give me are good and right.
- You have given me authority and influence among my people.
- When I ask You for life, You give me life. My days are longer and blessed because of Your grace and care.
- Your salvation is the source of any glory I may have. I am only significant in the fact that You loved me and saved me.
- You give me honor and majesty, not men or women. You set me in positions and give me influence.
- You elevate me and not myself.
- I am blessed because of You, and my gladness is exceedingly great.
- I trust in You, Lord, knowing that in Your mercy I will not be overcome. The enemy cannot overwhelm me. Because of the Most High God, I am invincible.
- Your will search out and destroy all Your enemies. Lord, fight against those who propose to do evil.
- Lord, utterly destroy the enemy’s efforts to harm me. Take their team offline and render them useless.
- Lord, they intend to do evil to You, Your kingdom, and Your children, such as me.
- They are taking on an opponent that they cannot defeat. I ride with You, O LORD, and I know I will be safe. Keep me, Lord, in Your strength.
- You will turn back my enemies and Yours. They will feel the sting of Your attack. Save me, protect me, and keep me in Your strength and mercy!
13 Be exalted, O LORD, in Your own strength!Psalm 21:13
We will sing and praise Your power.
- I lift You up, O LORD!
- I glorify You for the mighty, awesome, incomparable God that Your are.
- I worship You for Your greatness, I praise You for Your strong and mighty acts.
- You are above all others, and singly worthy of praise.
- I will sing to You and offer praises to Your power.
- May all the people of God sing praises to Your name.
- You, alone, O LORD, are worthy, and You bring me great joy!
Artwork from https://64.media.tumblr.com/f9b296f46487f0bfe57475f013149c2d/tumblr_phueox4gVk1tjj2sjo1_1280.jpg AND https://creativekkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/psalm21-7.jpg AND https://biblia.com/bible/images/640×480/Ps21.13?extension=png&fallbackOnFailure=false