12 Who is the man that fears the LORD?Psalm 25:12-15
Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
13 He himself shall dwell in prosperity,
And his descendants shall inherit the earth.
14 The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him,
And He will show them His covenant.
15 My eyes are ever toward the LORD,
For He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Lord, You ask, “Who will fear the LORD?” I respond in the affirmative.
- I will fear You, live in awe of You, and worship You.
- Teach me Your ways. Show me the path You have for me to follow.
- I long to please You, even when I stumble or fail to be absolutely true.
- Help me to overcome my failures and walk in obedience to Your will.
- Thank You that in my fear of You, You will bless me and prosper me.
- I do not serve You for prosperity’s sake, but Your blessings are great and I offer thanks for them.
- I seek the blessing for my children and their children to many generations.
- Show me hidden things. Bring me near. Let me know the secret of Your greatness.
- I would be Your friend. I will bow before You in honor of Your deity and holiness, but I would also hear Your intimate and personal message to me. Let Your will be done in my life.
- Let me live in covenant with You.
- I will seek out Your will and purpose. I will look Your direction and follow Your lead.
- I know that when I am in trouble, You will rescue me.
16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me,
For I am desolate and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses!
18 Look on my affliction and my pain,
And forgive all my sins.
19 Consider my enemies, for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.
20 Keep my soul, and deliver me;
Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.
22 Redeem Israel, O God,Psalm 25:16-22
Out of all their troubles!
- Lord, I ask for Your attention to my needs. I am under attack. I do not have what I need and I am sick in my soul.
- My problems get larger and larger until I have little hope. Bring me out of this haze of hopelessness, and give me peace.
- Look on me and forgive me where I have failed. Let my sins be washed away from Your view.
- Turn Your eyes then to my enemies, ruthless and many. They hate me and work against me on all sides.
- Keep me, O LORD, and deliver me from their cruel tricks and evil actions.
- I trust in You, and I believe that my shame will subside and my victory will be sure.
- You are my strength and help in trouble.
- Preserve me and keep me with Your integrity and uprightness. Let me reflect Your nature. Make me like You.
- Redeem me and my people. Take us up from the attack, or fight through it for us. Our troubles are many, but You, our God, are greater. Save us, I pray!