A Prayer for Divine Scrutiny and Redemption
A Psalm of David.
1 Vindicate me, O LORD,Psalm 26:1-5
For I have walked in my integrity.
I have also trusted in the LORD;
I shall not slip.
2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
3 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.
4 I have not sat with idolatrous mortals,
Nor will I go in with hypocrites.
5 I have hated the assembly of evildoers,
And will not sit with the wicked.
- Lord, You know me intimately and more complete than anyone else can.
- You know my heart, that I trust in You. To the very best of my ability, I have walked in integrity, and You have kept my feet from slipping.
- Examine me again, Lord. Prove me faithful and dedicated to You alone, O LORD. Look into my heart and my soul to see if there is any faithless thinking or evil actions.
- Your mercy sustains and keeps me, and Your truth lights my path.
- I have not associated with people who serve idols, not have I allowed hypocrites to taint my thinking.
- Those who run to do evil are not my friends, and the wicked are not invited to my house.
- Help me, Lord, to stay holy before You, all the while declaring You to the nations.
6 I will wash my hands in innocence;Psalm 26:6-8
So I will go about Your altar, O LORD,
7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And tell of all Your wondrous works.
8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place where Your glory dwells.
- I wash my hands, I pray for the blood of Christ to flow over me regularly, so that I may appear holy and without sin before You, God.
- I will bow and pray to You in many places and praise and worship You in all the earth.
- I will offer You thanks for the blessings You have given me and for the mighty acts You have performed in my life.
- O LORD, I love to gather together with other believers and worship You in Your house.
- Your glory meets with us and we are healed, saved, and transformed.
- Help me to pursue Your presence and glory at all times, seeking Your face and not Your hand.
9 Do not gather my soul with sinners,
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 In whose hands is a sinister scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;Psalm 26:9-12
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
12 My foot stands in an even place;
In the congregations I will bless the LORD.
- Help me to keep my heart pure and free from the influences of evil men.
- I want to shun murderers and schemers, those who would bribe to have their way. In general, help me, O LORD, to avoid all alliances with those who love sin.
- As for me, O LORD, guide my feet into paths of righteousness. Help me to walk with character and act in integrity.
- Redeem me when I sin, and extend Your mercy to my soul.
- Help me to stand with both feet solidly planted on Your word and Your will.
- I will always, in gratitude for Your grace, mercy, and truth, bless the Lord among the saints.
- You are worthy!
Artwork from http://static1.squarespace.com/static/59d0dc38f9a61e37e89ef30e/59dd4a4f6fd27ce3f0fedbbe/59dd4a596fd27ce3f0fedcb4/1507674713400/img_0090.png?format=original AND https://www.psalmsquotes.com/psalm-26-2-love-lg.jpg