The Joy of Forgiveness
A Psalm of David. A Contemplation.
1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer.
- What a blessing it is, Lord, to be forgiven of my sins!
- You cover my sins with Your blood, washing them away.
- It is as if You do not even remember them, and I am clean.
- Thank You for forgiveness and cleansing.
- When my sins weighed upon me, I was silent, unable to speak to You.
- I felt old, and my soul lamented all day long.
- It felt as if a drought was raging in my soul.
- I contemplate that horrid place and my condition and I regret my actions and my loss of intimacy with You.
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.
- But You lifted me up and placed me back in Your presence when I repented and called on Your name.
- You forgave me and made me clean.
- Nothing I do is hidden from You.
- Therefore, to You I am an open book.
- Thank You for loving me in spite of my sin and making me whole.
- When I stop and think of Your goodness, I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;Psalm 32:8-11
But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
- Lord, guide me daily and show me Your ways.
- I will submit to Your voice and obey Your commands.
- I will follow Your lead and be obedient to Your voice.
- You alone have the knowledge of the right path to follow.
- Help me not to resist or be stubborn.
- You are my King and my God.
- The wicked will suffer, but I will trust in You!
- Help me to follow You every day. Make me holy and compliant to Your will.
- I will be glad in You.
- I will rejoice in Your forgiveness and Your righteousness.
- Make me like You and I will shout for joy at Your greatness and Your mercy.