19 Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies;Psalm 35:19-21
Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause.
20 For they do not speak peace,
But they devise deceitful matters
Against the quiet ones in the land.
21 They also opened their mouth wide against me,
And said, “Aha, aha!
Our eyes have seen it.”
- Lord, my enemies continually seek my harm, and even my friends turn on me in my time of distress.
- I ask You, O LORD, please do not let them rejoice over my sorrow, or make gestures toward me of their indignation.
- They do not seek my peace, nor do they even tell the truth. They are liars, deceivers, and schemers.
- Keep their hand of wrath away from the innocent and the silent.
- They speak against me with disgust and lying accusations. They accuse me of things of which I am not guilty.
- Vindicate me, O LORD, and help me to see the end to this onslaught of evil and harm!
22 This You have seen, O LORD;Psalm 35:22-25
Do not keep silence.
O Lord, do not be far from me.
23 Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication,
To my cause, my God and my Lord.
24 Vindicate me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness;
And let them not rejoice over me.
25 Let them not say in their hearts, “Ah, so we would have it!”
Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”
- You have seen my enemies come against me.
- You have heard their lying accusations.
- You know that their thoughts and deeds toward me are unwarranted.
- Do not allow them to continue on this journey of evil toward me.
- Come near me. Stir up up Your indignation toward their sinful schemes.
- Vindicate me, O Righteous God. Make the world to see that the unwarranted accusations of my enemies are false and useless.
- Stop their dances on my grave. Keep them from having a celebration over my demise.
- Set me back up as Your child and Your precious possession and keep them from walking on me.
26 Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who rejoice at my hurt;
Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor
Who exalt themselves against me.
27 Let them shout for joy and be glad,Psalm 35:26-28
Who favor my righteous cause;
And let them say continually,
“Let the LORD be magnified,
Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long.
- Exercise judgment on my enemies.
- Shame them for their unwarranted attacks.
- Make dishonor their clothing and shame their food.
- Those who exalt themselves against me also exalt themselves against You.
- They must be stopped, O LORD, for You are the only exalted One!
- However, when the righteous serve You and when they support me, Your chosen one, let them rejoice and be very glad.
- Give them the blessings of heaven, and reward them for their right thinking and right actions.
- Let them worship You and glorify You for Your work in my life. You are my Champion, and I am blessed in You. Let the whole world see this and be glad!
- My voice will rise up for You all day long. I will sing and speak Your praise every hour as I rejoice in You. You are worthy of my praise today and every day, all day long and forever.
- Thank You for loving me and rescuing me. You are my Savior. Praise be to Your name!