1 Do not fret because of evildoers,Psalm 37:1-2
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb
- Lord, I will not be anxious or nervous when evildoers do what they do.
- I do not want their ill-gotten gain. I do not need their guilt to be rich.
- I know You will judge the evil and give them their just reward in the last day.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;Psalm 37:3-8
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
- I will not fear or fret, but I will do what makes me have peace.
- I will trust in You, O LORD, and give You muy best.
- I will strive to only love the things You love.
- I will delight in You, Lord, for You give me the desires of my heart.
- I will align my heart with Yours, and Your gifts will be the best.
- I will commit my life and my path to You, O LORD.
- I will trust in You, the only one Who always fulfills His promises.
- You will make me righteous and teach me justice all my days.
- I will rest in You, O LORD.
- I will learn to wait and be patient.
- I will not curse the prosperity of evil men and women.
- No, I will not worry when the evil succeed.
- I will not be angered by the injustice of the world.
- All it can do is make me suffer.
- Therefore, I will trust in You, I will commit my ways to You, I will rest in You.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off;Psalm 37:9-11
But those who wait on the LORD,
They shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth,
And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- You will end the works of evil. You will stop the hands of those who do not obey Your will.
- But, those who wait on You will inherit all things.
- Lord, help me to wait. Help me to learn that great rest of the soul that You offer.
- Give me the will to wait for the judgment to come to those who are wicked.
- Lord, grant them time to repent, for I know Your will is for all to be saved.
- However, I submit to You. You know best in all things, my Lord.
- Thank You that the meek, the gentle, the obedient servants of God, will inherit all things.
- When You reign, peace will reign.
- When You are the King, all the subjects of the King are safe and blessed.
- I love You, Lord, and I thank You for Your reign!