12 The wicked plots against the just,Psalm 37:12-22
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.
16 A little that a righteous man has
Is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
But the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,
And their inheritance shall be forever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.
21 The wicked borrows and does not repay,
But the righteous shows mercy and gives.
22 For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth,
But those cursed by Him shall be cut off.
- Lord, the wicked oppose me and make plans to destroy me, but You are my God and You know the revenge You plot against them.
- When my enemies seek to cut me off and oppress me, let it be turned back on them. Let their plots and plans work the opposite effect and blow back in their faces.
- Help me to be satisfied with what I have, knowing that the riches of the evil will not satisfy.
- Help me to rather rejoice in the blessings of my God, showered on me in abundance.
- Show me the future to the degree I can handle it, and remind me that Your plans for me cannot fail if I trust You.
- I know that I will stand in victory when I look upon Your face in faith.
- Lord, the wicked are headed for failure. Their arms will be broken, their splendor will fade away, their evil lives will be cut off from the earth.
- But I know, O LORD, that I will be blessed by You and inherit the earth.
- Create in me a generous heart to give to those in need, all the while evil people are taking from the needy and making themselves rich.
- Give me that generous, benevolent heart that I might reflect Your greatness and love to all mankind.
- Thanks for blessing me, Lord, and thanks for loving me in spite of myself. You are a great and merciful God.!