John 9:1–5 (NKJV)
NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
May 21, 2023
September 26, 2021
9:1 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”John 9:1-5
- Tragedy can serve a purpose
- Don’t live in despair or frustration.
- See what seems bad as an opportunity for a miracle!
- Jesus’ saw the need to do the works needed while there was opportunity.
- We need to see time as limited, and the need to act as urgent.
- We must work while it is day!
- Jesus was the light of the world.
- We are bearers of His light.
- We must walk in His authority and light the darkness.
- We can change the atmosphere!
- Will We See Problems as Purposeful for the Glory of God?
- Will We Operate with a Sense of Urgency, Seeing That Time is Short?
- Will We Operate in the Authority of the Name of Jesus Christ?
Artwork from https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/w/dv_700/dailyverse-images/4c/John%209-4%20We%20Must%20Work%20The%20Works%20Of%20Him%20Who%20Sent%20Me%20black.jpg