1 Do not fret because of evildoers,Psalm 37:1-2
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb
- Lord, I will not be anxious or nervous when evildoers do what they do.
- I do not want their ill-gotten gain. I do not need their guilt to be rich.
- I know You will judge the evil and give them their just reward in the last day.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;Psalm 37:3-8
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
- I will not fear or fret, but I will do what makes me have peace.
- I will trust in You, O LORD, and give You muy best.
- I will strive to only love the things You love.
- I will delight in You, Lord, for You give me the desires of my heart.
- I will align my heart with Yours, and Your gifts will be the best.
- I will commit my life and my path to You, O LORD.
- I will trust in You, the only one Who always fulfills His promises.
- You will make me righteous and teach me justice all my days.
- I will rest in You, O LORD.
- I will learn to wait and be patient.
- I will not curse the prosperity of evil men and women.
- No, I will not worry when the evil succeed.
- I will not be angered by the injustice of the world.
- All it can do is make me suffer.
- Therefore, I will trust in You, I will commit my ways to You, I will rest in You.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off;Psalm 37:9-11
But those who wait on the LORD,
They shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth,
And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- You will end the works of evil. You will stop the hands of those who do not obey Your will.
- But, those who wait on You will inherit all things.
- Lord, help me to wait. Help me to learn that great rest of the soul that You offer.
- Give me the will to wait for the judgment to come to those who are wicked.
- Lord, grant them time to repent, for I know Your will is for all to be saved.
- However, I submit to You. You know best in all things, my Lord.
- Thank You that the meek, the gentle, the obedient servants of God, will inherit all things.
- When You reign, peace will reign.
- When You are the King, all the subjects of the King are safe and blessed.
- I love You, Lord, and I thank You for Your reign!
12 The wicked plots against the just,Psalm 37:12-22
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.
16 A little that a righteous man has
Is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
But the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,
And their inheritance shall be forever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.
21 The wicked borrows and does not repay,
But the righteous shows mercy and gives.
22 For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth,
But those cursed by Him shall be cut off.
- Lord, the wicked oppose me and make plans to destroy me, but You are my God and You know the revenge You plot against them.
- When my enemies seek to cut me off and oppress me, let it be turned back on them. Let their plots and plans work the opposite effect and blow back in their faces.
- Help me to be satisfied with what I have, knowing that the riches of the evil will not satisfy.
- Help me to rather rejoice in the blessings of my God, showered on me in abundance.
- Show me the future to the degree I can handle it, and remind me that Your plans for me cannot fail if I trust You.
- I know that I will stand in victory when I look upon Your face in faith.
- Lord, the wicked are headed for failure. Their arms will be broken, their splendor will fade away, their evil lives will be cut off from the earth.
- But I know, O LORD, that I will be blessed by You and inherit the earth.
- Create in me a generous heart to give to those in need, all the while evil people are taking from the needy and making themselves rich.
- Give me that generous, benevolent heart that I might reflect Your greatness and love to all mankind.
- Thanks for blessing me, Lord, and thanks for loving me in spite of myself. You are a great and merciful God.!
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,Psalm 37:23-33
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
26 He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.
27 Depart from evil, and do good;
And dwell forevermore.
28 For the Lord loves justice,
And does not forsake His saints;
They are preserved forever,
But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
29 The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.
30 The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom,
And his tongue talks of justice.
31 The law of his God is in his heart;
None of his steps shall slide.
32 The wicked watches the righteous,
And seeks to slay him.
33 The Lord will not leave him in his hand,
Nor condemn him when he is judged.
- Lord, guide my steps, so that You may be pleased with me.
- When I walk in this world, give me safety and protection.
- Do not let me fall, but catch me at every stumble.
- Lord, You have blessed me and kept in all the days of my life.
- Do not forsake me, but rather supply my needs until I am old and come to meet You eternally.
- You bless me every day that I live. Keep me in Your care and grant me Your supply. Watch over my children and my children’s children, and beyond!
- You are faithful and true, and I thank You for Your faithfulness.
- I renounce evil, and pursue good, that I may cause You delight.
- Guide my steps and make me secure. Keep my feet from the path of evil.
- I want to love what You love, and hate what You hate.
- I long to inherit the land as I serve You faithfully.
- Let my mouth speak of Your wisdom, and rule with Your justice. Help me to hide Your word and Your law in my heart so my steps will be secure.
- I know that enemies seek to destroy me and hate that You love me. Thank you for stopping their hands from evil and keeping me safe from harm.
- You speak on my behalf and protect me from my scheming enemies. Thank You for a life of security and peace!
34 Wait on the Lord,Psalm 37:34-40
And keep His way,
And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;
When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
35 I have seen the wicked in great power,
And spreading himself like a native green tree.
36 Yet he passed away, and behold, he was no more;
Indeed I sought him, but he could not be found.
37 Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright;
For the future of that man is peace.
38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together;
The future of the wicked shall be cut off.
39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40 And the Lord shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked,
And save them,
Because they trust in Him.
- Lord, I will wait on You.
- When my impatience tries to drive me forward ahead of Your will, I will wait.
- I will keep Your ways and try in all I do to honor You.
- If I fail, help me to see my error and mend my ways.
- Lord, I want to be on the side that rises above the fray with You, not sitting below in the mourning place.
- I know that the wicked do not succeed forever. They may prosper for a time and spread their influence, but they will not live forever. Eventually, they will fail and be cut off.
- Lord, let people be able to see Your glory in my life. Let them recognize Your character and integrity in all that I do. Let my friends, family, and acquaintances see that I am full of peace and that I walk secure in You.
- I know that the evil will be destroyed. Those that transgress Your law will not stand, but will be destroyed.
- My salvation is from You, O LORD. You are my strength, my security.
- Help me, Lord, in all my days of uncertainty. Deliver me from evil and it effects. Save me, for I trust in You!